Photo by Simon Maage on Unsplash
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families! We found a great article for 10 Ways to Practice Gratitude https://www.mindful.org/10-ways-to-become-more-grateful/ . As you spend time with your friends and family this week, keep these tips in mind.
1. Keep a gratitude journal- This can be an actual journal or a note in your phone
2. Remember the bad- Not to dwell on it, but to help remember how good things are now
3. Meditate on your relationships- How have you helped others and how others helped you?
4. Express gratitude- This can be done in a note, a phone call, or in person
5. Use your senses- Use your 5 senses and be grateful for the ability to experience the world in many ways
6. Have visual reminders- Sometimes we use an app like 3 Good Things or a post-it note on your dashboard
7. Make a promise with yourself to practice gratitude- Have a reminder handy at home, in your car, or wherever you spend a lot of time
8. Be aware of your self talk- Focus on how others have helped you, not your good deeds
9. Use nice gestures- Saying thank you, thank you notes, even smiling can help
10. Be creative- Think of the person you want to show gratitude to, their likes and dislikes, and show gratitude creatively that means a lot to them.