Photo by Valentin Antonucci on Unsplash
This article we found highlights great advice on how to have a solid relationship https://psychcentral.com/blog/7-traits-that-lead-to-a-long-happy-marriage/
1. Practice acceptance. This is for both your emotions and your partner's personality. We can't change them.
2. Be committed. This is through the good and the bad.
3. Trust your partner and yourself. Be open to listening to your partner's viewpoints.
4. Be honest. There is a way to be both honest and tactful when speaking with your partner. Be gentle.
5. Practice forgiveness, this applies to yourself and your partner. We all make mistakes.
6. Show appreciation. Think of how you would want to be treated (likely with kindness and respect) and treat your partner that way. Little surprises like compliments, hugs, or a sweet treat go a long way.
7. Use humor in the right moments. Laugh together, not at each other.
If you and your partner are struggling with one of these, reach out!